Wednesday, July 22, 2009

Hotwire failed me

Until now, I have had a good experience using hotwire to book a great hotel room. I found out the hard way that if you choose a 2 1/2 star "hotel" you can end up in an awful "motel." This happened to me last week when I wanted to stay in Tifton, GA overnight on my way to Ellijay. I ended up in a Holiday Inn motel, which was pretty awful, scary, and with a creature crawling up the wall the moment I stepped into the room. Earlier in the day, I had called both hotwire and the Holiday Inn trying to change, to upgrade, to cancel, whatever, but once you book it, you are stuck, unless there's a funeral in the family, or a written doctor's rx. No exceptions, I don't think. Of course I survived the night, but it was mostly sleepless since anyone could have broken into my room. Therefore, with hotwire, I'll stick to 3 1/2 stars and up in the future. That just might insure a Hotel. Comments welcome, I'm all ears. - Susan

No comments:

Post a Comment